Engineers, designs, and troubleshoots electrical and control systems on new and existing equipment to ensure product is functioning properly and safely.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Engineer and design control programs from concept to completion using Rockwell, Siemens, Delta, and other specified software.
- Programming of PLC/HMI/SCADA
- Program and setup of PLC’s / VFD’s / HMI / Motion Control Systems
- Program and setup of Communication: profibus, Ethernet/IP and Remote I/O
- Implement Software Programs/Start-up/Debug both on-site and off-site.
- Troubleshooting experience with communication networks (Ethernet IP, Remote I/O)
- Good communication skills, for both internal and external customers is a must
- Work with mechanical group to design control panels, lighting layouts & system layouts.
- Work with mechanical group for sequence of operation development.
- Ensure electrical system conform to all applicable codes and product / technical specifications
- Design panels and create layouts, bill of materials, and wiring schematics.
- Provides diagnostic assistance for control system and software problems in the field
- Works with customers and field service to configure, install, and troubleshoot new control system elements.
- Write up operations manuals.