- Main customer-facing company representative for electrical issues/concerns/questions with installed equipment.
- Responsible for guiding customer through buying and troubleshooting processes for aftermarket parts and service, especially PLC/HMI programming and controls related issues.
- Manage timely resolutions of technical issues in a professional manner, performing in accordance with customer service excellence goals and objectives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide customer troubleshooting and support via acquisition of information, drawings, reviewing program logic, and going online with a piece of equipment.
- Make minor modifications to existing designs like adding sensors, pushbuttons, faults, etc.
- Provide direct, accurate quoting of electrical parts and service. Cross-sell and up-sell as appropriate to improve customer experience.
- Work with field service manager to schedule field service personnel for on-site resolution of customer issues.
- Engage internal resource requirements (design engineering, manufacturing, etc) as necessary to meet customer requirements and drive customer satisfaction.
- Focus on solutions and exploit opportunities to initiate process change and drive positive results.
- Be the customer service representative application expert in electrical and programming related issues.
- Serve as resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues related to order entry.
- Occasional <10% travel as needed to resolve customer issues on-site.
- Duties will reflect substantial variety, flexibility and complexity
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
- As necessary, support customer and manufacturers’ representative’s requests, providing product information, order status, tracking information, price, availability, lead-time, expediting, and order entry.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ideal Candidate will possess an Associate’s degree in a related technical field and 3+ years’ experience in PLC & HMI programming & troubleshooting of powder compaction presses.
- Acceptable candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in PLC & HMI programming/troubleshooting in a general industrial environment.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, organizational, telephone and computer skills.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- People skills – clear communication, upbeat demeanor, and a can-do attitude are absolutely required.