Gasbarre Products Inc. is seeking a hands-on, proactive, and energetic quality engineer to provide quality engineering support to an ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturing facility. Gasbarre is a full-service international OEM offering industry best equipment and services for powder compaction, thermal processing, and design and manufacturing technologies.
The lead quality engineer plays a central role in the implementation and enforcement of Gasbarre’s Quality Management System and is responsible for monitoring, testing, and reporting on the quality of machined, fabricated and assembled mechanical products. In this role, the quality engineer will be required to collaborate with all departments of the organization and lead continuous quality improvements.
This position has excellent opportunities for advancement within the quality team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees the inspection of machined & fabricated parts, and assemblies against quality requirements.
(dimensional, hardness, surface finish, GD&T, etc.)
- Performs hands-on inspection of complex parts using a FARO Arm portable CMM.
- Develops test plans and inspection metrics for in-process inspections.
- Promotes continuous improvement within the quality department
- Upholds and promotes adherence to established quality management system and procedures.
- Directly supports the quality manager during nonconformance and root-cause investigations.
- Devises methods of fixturing parts for inspection where existing procedures and tools cannot be applied.
- Maintains documentation, including First Article Inspection reports, material certifications, Certificates of Conformance, Balloon-drawings, nonconformances, and in-process inspection reports.
- Documents and leads investigation of nonconformances and reoccurring quality issues.
- Works directly with engineering and manufacturing leads for resolution of manufacturing and engineering issues.
- Conducts internal quality audits in accordance with an established audit schedule.
- Supports monthly management review meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The qualified applicant will have the following attributes and capabilities:
- Prior experience operating a portable CMM; preferably FARO Arm
- Prior mechanical design experience with CAD software packages such AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks or similar
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and familiar with machining, fabrication, and assembly operations
- Practiced in the interpretation of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5-2009
- Experienced in use of gauges, micrometers, dial calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel & Word)
- Solid communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Extremely detail-oriented & well organized
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or related engineering field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of relevant work experience is acceptable.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is a plus
- ISO-9001:2015 Internal Auditor Training is a plus
Lifting a maximum of 25 pounds regularly. This job requires extensive amounts of walking, standing, sitting.