Responsible for the cutting of various types of raw materials (steel, aluminum, plastics, etc.) to order specifications, performs material handling duties. Also must conduct inventory and perform inspections of material and daily cleanup of facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with purchasing to monitor supply levels and submit purchasing recommendations on a regular basis.
- Must have ability to measure & read measuring instruments.
- Review and understand blueprints and / or specifications for a job.
- Cut steel, aluminum, plastic, and other materials.
- Familiar with decimals & fractions.
- Moving, controlling, protecting, and storing of materials.
- Retrieve allocated raw materials and cut to specified sizes.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area, and replace dull cutting tools.
- Determine cutting path, monitor accuracy of the cuts using manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Cleaning and maintaining of Building 1 and 2, including garbage removal and hopper emptying
- General cleaning and maintenance (floors, walls, windows, equipment, etc.)
- Ordering of cleaning supplies – request supplies as needed, stocking of paper supplies in the restrooms
- Snow removal – sidewalks, steps, and walk areas. This would require knowing and responding to weather condition daily. Requires early arrival and above areas cleared and salted before scheduled shift start times, as well throughout of the first shift working hours (7 – 3:30) or as needed.
- Driving / operating of overhead cranes, forklifts, and scissor lift.
- Maintaining and cleaning of the back yard of building 1 and surrounding areas of both buildings.
- Moving / loading and unloading of parts throughout the shop / buildings as required.
- Local trips as needed. (Driver License Required)
- Cleaning and maintaining of Company Vehicles.
- Monthly and weekly inspection; Cranes, Emergency lighting, Exit lighting, Fire Extinguishers, and Residual Waste Storage Checklist.
- In general being flexible and keeping the shop in good working order; were needed / as needed, and would also include working overtime before or after shift when required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Detail oriented and ability to handle a high volume workload.
- Enter job information into computer.
- Ability to take measurements using micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Ability to successfully operate applicable machinery.
- Ability and flexibility to work overtime as required.
- Written and verbal communication
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent.
Lifting a maximum of 25 pounds regularly. This job requires extensive amounts of walking, standing, and sitting.