Verifies materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations also prepares items for shipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor.
- Will operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- May operate company vehicle to deliver shipments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Fork lift operation to load and unload shipments
- Basic computer skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Lifting a maximum of 25 pounds regularly. This job requires extensive amounts of walking, standing, sitting.