Responsible for operating VMC’s to produce precision parts. Produces small batches or large quantities of parts. Ensures products meet precise specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set-up Operating of VMC’s
- Prove and edit code as necessary
- Parts Setup
- Loading and Calibration of tools
- Setting of appropriate tooling offsets
- Holding to specific blue print tolerances and specifications
- Deburring / Cleaning of finished parts
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Mathematics and Blueprint Reading
- Proficient in GD&T
- Ability to write and / or work within Master Cam
- Ability to take measurements using micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Ability to successfully operate applicable machinery
- Written and verbal communication
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent, 5 years’ experience in the machining field with minimum 2 years Setup-operating on Vertical Machining Centers.
Lifting a maximum of 25 pounds regularly. This job requires extensive amounts of walking, standing, and sitting.