A full range of powder compaction and sizing solutions for a full range of applications. Gasbarre has decades of press building experience, offering standard and custom equipment solutions for customer challenges. Auxiliary equipment and worldwide support mean that Gasbarre will be with you throughout the life of your press.
View Gasbarre’s Mechanical Press Brochure
The Affordable Solution for Single to Multi-Level Parts
- Floating Die Platen is utilized to achieve the lower action. A fixed die table stop permits the use of shelves in the die.
- Die Control Rods assist with achieving uniform density within the compacted part.
- Four Post Design Die Set is a fixed unit mounted in the press. The die plate and core rod plate float together.
- Adjustable Lower and Upper Rams accommodate varying punch lengths.
- Gear Driven Adjustments for precise control.
- Ejection System is bottom punch push-up utilizing an ejection cam and push rod.
- Shuttle-Type Filler Shoe System is fully adjustable by use of worm gear driven split cams.
- Crosshead Style Upper Punch guidance System provides very precise punch to die alignment. This precision alignment enhances tool life.
- Lower Ram Guide Plate gives superior lower punch guidance. The adjustable lower ram does not protrude through the guide plate. This creates a solid barrier protecting the adjustments from powder contamination.
- Die Control Adjustment is located in the upper ram providing easy accessibility for adjusting and maintenance.
- Core Rods can be mounted in a stationary position or floating to permit synchronous motion with the die plate. Mounting adapters are provided for both types of installation.
- Core Rod Adapter Mounts are bolted in for ease of removal and installation.
- Enhanced Guarding System includes solid fully enclosed hinged side guards, as well as hinged interlocked guarding on the front and rear of the press.
for Multi-Level Parts and Applications Requiring Removable Die Set
- Removable Die Set available in up to three lower punch configurations.
- Floating Die Platen is utilized to achieve the lower action.
- Adjustable Die Table Molding Stops enable process adjustments and tool redressing without modifying tool adapters.
- Fill, Ejection and Molding Stops are worm gear-driven for easy accessibility and precise control.
- Adjustable Lower Punch Rams provide individual independent adjustment of lower punches.
- Crosshead Style Upper Punch System provides precise adjustability, as well as precision alignment.
- Shuttle-Type Filler Shoe System is fully adjustable by use of worm gear-driven split cams.
- Withdrawal Ejection System sequentially ejects tool levels using synchronized dual cams and push rods.
- Modular Pneumatic Core Rod System has adjustable mold stops. Positions and motions are controlled independently of the die set. A fixed core rod, which is mounted directly in the die set, is also included.
- Density Control Rods on the die and intermediate punch plates are independently adjustable permitting precise density control.
State of the Art
Technology for Complex Multi-Level Parts
- Selective molding and selective ejection functions eliminates the need for expensive bridging of tools.
- Three Independent Lower Punch Platens provide total independent adjustability of each level.
- Adjustable Selective Molding Stops are provided on the die platen, as well as the #1/#2 punch platens.
- Adjustable Selective Withdrawal Ejection on the die platen, along with the #1/#2 punch platens. Permitting the use of any lower punch platen as the stationary level. This simplifies tool design and adaptation for complex part geometries.
- #3 Punch Platen has 1-1/2” of float for transfer in conjunction with a fixed mold position.
- Motorized Position Adjustments with Digital Displays for ease of accessibility and precise control.
- Pneumatic Dual Upper Punch System gives upper hub and counter bore capability.
- Top Punch Hold Down Function controls the part during ejection.
- Automatic Central Press Lubrication System ensures that the correct amount of lubricant is applied at proper intervals.
- Presslog Control System provides the processor-based press control with data storage through a touchscreen monitor operator interface.
- Servo Filler Shoe System gives total precise control of all shoe functions programmed through the touchscreen monitor.
- Tonnage Monitor digitally displays the tonnage on the monitor and provides high and low parameter settings.
- Underfill/Overfill is used to reduce powder “splash out” from the die, as well as aiding in difficult filling applications.
PTX High Speed Powder Compaction
A complete line of high speed and high precision powder compacting presses, robotic parts loaders.
- High speed compacting of parts with one flat side.
- Parts can be thick or thin, have holes, teeth, etc.
- Parts are compacted against an anvil by the upward action of a lower punch.
- Our patented Unitized Anvil design combines the powder feeder, anvil and vacuum pick up into one unit which is always in contact with the die plate.
- Virtual elimination of powder spillage.
- There are no upper punches and associated problems of misalignment, breakage and wear.
Opposed Ram Type Presses
- Specially designed for multiple cavities, high-speed, complex, and multi-level precision parts.
- Powder transfer from top and bottom punches, a pre-press with the top punch, and a top punch hold-down system.
- With a standard removable tool set – tool assembly is done off-line and can be replaced and adjusted within about 15 minutes.
- The same tool set may be used for a wide variety of parts.
- The Multipak conventional press may also be used in ‘Anvil Press’ mode.
View Gasbarre’s PTX Brochure