At Gasbarre, we create top-of-the-line vacuum heat treat ovens that set the standard for quality and reliability. We service our products for the life of the equipment, meaning we’ll never phase out old machines to get you to purchase new ones. With over 45 years of dedicated service, we’re the international full-service original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) you can trust.
What Are Vacuum Furnaces?
Vacuum furnaces use high temperatures to perform heating processes with minimal contamination and maximum consistency. These ovens contain a built-in vacuum that surrounds the materials being heated. The vacuum eliminates the presence of air and gases, preventing oxidation and heat transfer through convection and removing sources of contamination.
There are two primary types of vacuum furnaces, each with its own specialized functions:
- Continuous vacuum furnaces: Operators load work into the entry side of the oven and unload it from the exit side. Unlike batch furnaces, continuous furnaces are straight-through models and have two modes of operation — continuous and stop-and-go.
- Batch vacuum furnaces: Batch ovens heat materials in individual batches, making them ideal for components of various sizes. They are considered closed process machines, meaning the heating chamber is sealed when the door is shut.
Our Vacuum Heat Treat Ovens
At Gasbarre, we carry a comprehensive line of vacuum quenching furnaces equipped to take on numerous metallurgical processes across various applications. Our selection of vacuum furnace products includes:
- Modular vacuum: Continuous vacuum furnaces that transform batch ovens into straight-through furnaces. They contain load and evacuation chambers, heat position chambers, heating chambers and quench chambers.
- Modular heat treat systems: Modular vacuums that join with other furnaces and auxiliary equipment, combining vacuum sintering and atmosphere delubrication.
- Single-chamber vacuum: Horizontally loaded, electrically heated batch oven designed to handle thermal profile recipes ranging from simple to complex.
- Tool room/small batch vacuum: Flexible batch furnace able to heat treat low, medium and high metals using a high-temperature heat chamber and sealed quench chamber.
- Continuous vacuum (multizone): Continuous furnace with three modular chambers that conveys workloads through a multizone heating chamber to eliminate atmospheric control and promote minimal maintenance and long component life.
- Vacuum carburizing: Modular furnaces with a vacuum heating chamber and oil quench or gas chamber used for hardening and carburizing.
- Vacuum sintering (continuous): Versatile ovens that use an in-line atmosphere delubrication section and vacuum sintering chamber to process powder metal compacts at moderate-to-high temperatures.
- Vacuum tempering: Vacuum purge inert atmosphere furnaces that use a single chamber for rapid heating, cooling and temperature uniformity.
- Gas/pressure quench (dual chamber): Furnace with gas quench and heating modules and an internal drive mechanism for fast and smooth workload transfer.
- Oil quench (dual chamber): Dual chamber modular furnace with oil and heating modules and an internal drive component for seamless workload movement.
- Vacuum batch: Batch vacuum furnaces available in single- and dual-chamber options for many thermal processes.
Our Custom Vacuum Furnace Fabrication Capabilities
Gasbarre has advanced fabrication capabilities that allow us to design and develop customized vacuum quenching furnaces and other manufacturing equipment for our customers, delivering solutions individually geared toward their needs. Through our custom construction services, we’ll learn about your company’s goals and objectives and create a product that will support your facility’s entire process.
Invest in High-Quality Vacuum Furnaces at Gasbarre Today
You can purchase powerful and innovative vacuum heat treat ovens for your industrial organization at Gasbarre. We are your one-stop shop for full process integration solutions.
Contact us for more information on our products today!